[SML] Cell phone lasers

Davin Gaddy davin at techie.com
Sun Aug 28 05:14:50 UTC 2016

The Smith Center in Las Vegas was built with this in mind.  I was working on a charity production this past spring and it was absolutely annoying as a crew chief.  As I was a last minute addition to the program, I was having to make a lot of calls for last minute challenges.  I had to leave the theater entirely to make calls.  It was an absolute pain in the ass.  Now, I have only been in there to watch one show, so I don't know how effective it is to stop patrons, or if it just makes them try harder.

~Davin

"I still think that turning the theatre into a Faraday cage next time that
you 'spruce up' the interior walls is a better solution. just ground the
steel mesh that holds the stucco or plaster in place. Drywall is more
difficult, but still is possible.
/s/ Richard"
_________