[SML] Fire hoses was Re: Cell phone lasers

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 18:31:28 UTC 2016

On 8/28/16 2:12 PM, Chip Wood via Stagecraft wrote:
> Drifting off topic, but still on safety, what's with cutting off fire
> hoses in public spaces.  Saw this several times in my recent travels.

I've been in multiple venues where this has happened.  Each time it was
the FD that did it.  Their explanation was
1) Users are almost never trained in hose operation.
2) The FD would never use them b/c they have no guarantee the hoses and
nozzles had been maintained and in good condition.

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall