[SML] Fake fluorescent tubes

gbierly gbierly at dejazzd.com
Thu Dec 1 19:24:47 UTC 2016

> On Dec 1, 2016, at 1:41 PM, Ben Hain via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
> I recently picked up frosted 'PEX' type tubing from the local big box building supply store. I was only looking for 1/2" and 3/4", but I think it went to 1”?

I have used PEX tubing also with great success (I didn’t try 1”)  Be aware it comes in opaque and translucent.  In fact my big box store had three rolls of 3/4” red on the shelf and one was translucent and worked great for our application while the other two rolls were opaque.  A quick check with a flashlight before leaving the store did the trick.  I think there are some other PVC type pipes that might do the trick quickly and simply.  Go check out your plumbing supply house.

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Manager
Hempfield High School