[SML] Pc email program

NODEraser noderaser at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 03:37:08 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 8:25 AM, herrick goldman via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> Ok so I found an app to get my years of Mac mail ported to outlook. Is there
> a way to do that to thunderbird?  Thanks!

Do you have an IMAP mail server? That would eliminate the need to
"import" any mail.

I've never used the Mail app, but I just checked on my Mac with
Thunderbird and you can import from Apple mail there. However,
checking on the Windows version of Thunderbird, you can only import
from Eudora, Outlook and Outlook Express. So, you should be able to
export to an Outlook file from Apple Mail, transfer the file and
import it into Thunderbird. If not, you could install the Mac version
of Thunderbird, "import" everything from Apple mail and then export
using Thunderbird's native format and transfer to the Windows machine.

Not overly elegant, but doable. I use Thunderbird on both Windows and
OS X, though I have an IMAP server so everything gets synched with it.
I also use plugins to sync with Google Calendar and Contacts. The only
trouble I have is not having the auto-learned Junk mail rules line up;
my computers can't agree on what is and is not junk.

--
[Greg Bennett]
-Independent Carpenter, Electrician & Lighting Designer