[SML] Pre-cut breaking glass and hiding the seams

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Wed Dec 7 15:42:44 UTC 2016

> (The last time I needed a breakable door pane, for a 1989 production of
> Stephen Metcalf's "Strange Snow," I went old-school and cast my own with
> reusable plastic "glass' resin. It was a total pain in the rear, with a
> failure rate of about  one in three panes cast. The fumes were terrible
> - and toxic - and man, you do not want to get a splatter of that hot
> resin on your skin. A google search today turns up no suppliers for the
> resin, and it's probably just as well.)

Instead of one large pane of glass in the window, the window could have
multiple panes, maybe 2x2 or 2x3. The broom could then just knock out one of
the panes, rather than it appearing as though glass was broken. If each pane
were rectangular, then there could be a bit about fitting the pane back into
the door.

Bill