[SML] LED Fresnels

Ford Sellers fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
Fri Dec 9 17:19:28 UTC 2016

Hi Nancy,

I am extremely partial to the Ovation line...
The best, most impartial advice that I can give you is to get a sample in your facility, and set it next to the products you're looking to replace.
We also have the Ovation FD165, which is a version of this fresnel which will work either via DMX, or on a standard theatrical dimmer.  We spent over a year on the software, so that it manages a perfect fade out.  If you need instantaneous turn on, then you either have to preheat the channel (about 2% works, depending on how your dimmers are trimmed), or just run it on DMX.
Also, we developed the technology that allows the fixture to auto sense whether you are controlling by DMX, or by dimmer, making setup a bit easier.

For the COLORado Solo, which fixture will work best will depend on your trim height and intended use (front washes, vs top/back lighting).
The COLORado 1 Solo works best with a barn door, as it truly has a single homogenized zooming light source.  However, the COLORado 2 and 3 Solos have more power (2x and 3x, respectively).

It should be no problem getting Demo units in your area (tucked in, as you are, between Las Vegas and LA).
Also, I know that 4Wall has the 1 Solo in rental inventory, so you can easily try them for a single show to see how they work for you, before making a large capital expenditure.

May I ask someone from our team to reach out to you to schedule a demo?

-Ford
Ford Sellers
Senior Product Development Manager
CHAUVET Professional(r) and ILUMINARC(r)
5200 NW 108th Ave., Sunrise, FL 33351
Main Office: +1.954.577.4455 | 800-762-1084
Direct: 954-577-4475 | Mobile: 954-205-0177
fsellers at chauvetlighting.com<mailto:fsellers at chauvetlighting.com>
www.chauvetlighting.com<http://www.chauvetlighting.com> | www.iluminarc.com<http://www.iluminarc.com>