[SML] shipping

Jeffrey Kanyuck JKanyuck at Harford.edu
Tue Dec 13 14:26:57 UTC 2016

I worked for UPS for 10 years. You can bet she will be given a bad write up.
Anything you can do to make friends with your driver like Stephen does of inviting them to a meal or offering them a drink on hot days or something on cold days, will go a long way to getting you better service. Have the item in hand as you offer it to them as UPS has them on a high delivery/minute ratio. They will turn it down if they have to wait for you to go get it.
And this will help to avoid what happened to Jon for his shop.
This will help in most cases. Though in holiday seasons it can be tougher as they hire extra drivers and then they don’t know who you are and you may not get the best treatment. The overhire drivers are held to an even higher delivery/minute ratio so they can have a reason to not retain the person after the season when they are looking to hire on new permanent personnel.

Jeff Kanyuck

From: Stagecraft [mailto:stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net] On Behalf Of Jerry Durand via Stagecraft
Subject: [SML] shipping

Just had a call from a UPS billing person who's thinking.  !!

On Dec 1st I dropped off an overnight package, it was scanned and I got a receipt.

On December 2nd it wasn't delivered, tracking only showed the original scan.  I filed a Lost Package report and  the package was finally scanned again that evening.

Their tracking now showed "on time" delivery for Monday the 5th.

Nope, not going to fly with me, not for overnight prices.  I filed a refund request.

Now comes the call.  The person said she sees the request was denied but it didn't make any sense to her, so she called to verify things.

It seems that UPS doesn't count a package as shipped until the DRIVER scans it but during holiday season he just loads up the truck and doesn't scan anything until it's unloaded, whenever that is.  So a Next Day package is sitting there waiting for someone to notice it.  The receipt you get doesn't actually count for anything.

The UPS person said she was marking this as a valid refund and seeing if she can get it through as that just doesn't sound right to her.

--

Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.

www.interstellar.com<http://www.interstellar.com>

tel: +1 408 356-3886