[SML] question for router wizards

Paul G. pguncheon at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 01:06:27 UTC 2016

Bill,

What you describe sounds the safest. Do you really need a full circle base? Probably not. That all being said, if I were doing this, depending on the number of ellipses I have to make, I would probably cut them out with a jig saw and sand to the line. Even if I did go with a router and a template, I would cut out the shape with a saw, leaving less than 1/8" proud of the line to be routed off. Just easier on the soul. If I have a lot to cut, I would consider stacking and cutting/routing several at once. Also depends on the quality and power of the router and what the bits I have can handle.

Laters,

Paul 1

Sent from my iPad