[SML] question for router wizards

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 17:07:54 UTC 2016

For this size ellipse a 7' "arm" is needed, and a lot of dove tail
travel, so I really don't think the ellipsograph is feasible.  Plus I
believe Jim D is correct - an AutoCAD offset ellipse is not an
ellipse.  I need the equidistant offset - that's the critical part for
this.

I did think about chain in place of string.

And there's this:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1830738289/maslow-cnc-a-500-open-source-4-by-8-foot-cnc-machi

I was only using MDF for template - but might use a ply that I'm sure
won't have voids or even particle board, cheap 4 x 8 without voids and
easy to shape by hand. I'm cutting multiple layers of 1/4 and 3/4 ply.

Thanks again to everyone.  Helpful as always.

--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC