[SML] learning C

Alex French flaggday at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 15:41:09 UTC 2016

Instead of just saying something helpful, I would always ask at least two
follow up questions-

1) What programming experience does he have?

2) What are his goals?  Learn some basic programming? Program a specific
physical thing or build a specific physical thing from scratch that relies
on C? Write code to extend something that uses C?  Work on a specific
project (open source) that uses C?

Knowing a little more would point to really different resources, target
levels of depth, and/or just arguing (helpfully or unhelpfully) about
whether learning C is really what he wants.

Alex French