[SML] Annual USITT SML get together

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 22:15:45 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, February 9, 2016, Dave Tosti-Lane via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

Pony up for a sleeper or a roomette and it's even better. I took the Empire
> Builder from Seattle to the Milwaukee USITT in a roomette - beautiful ride
> through Glacier National Park, a bit less than 3 days....<snip>

On that tip: a million years ago, when I was a mere
sprout, She-Who-Must-Be-Adored and I took a couple of weeks' vacation and
did a lap of America on rails; the Empire Builder from Chicago to Seattle,
then the Coast Starlight from Seattle to Los Angeles, then the Southwest
Chief from LA back to Chicago, berthed in one of Amtrack's  sleeper
suites...  Ten or eleven days on rails, quite possibly the best (and
definitely the most romantic) road trip I've ever taken in my life. I'd do
it again in a heartbeat... In a New York heartbeat.

YMMV...

--
Dave Vick
Asst. Carpenter / Flyman; "Annie" On Tour '15-'16