[SML] Connected LED lanyards and what not

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 14:41:46 UTC 2016

On 2/12/16 1:08 AM, Joel Harari via Stagecraft wrote:
> I'm looking to get some of the connected LED lanyards/ wristbands that
> are showing up in concerts these days.
>
> Can anyone recommend some companies to reach out to? Any companies I
> should stay away from?

I researched this for a big alumni event on campus last year.  We didn't
use any of the products, so I can't speak to how the company is to work
with in the end, but here are my notes:

Fre Flow (A Sony company/product)

•	650’ range per transmitter
o	Multiple transmitters can be used
•	$6-$8 per participant
o	wristbands
o	glowsticks
•	5000 minimum order (But ask if we need fewer)
•	$1000 fee per transmitter
o	Transmitter is pre-programmed and sent to us.  Local programmer does
the actual programming
•	10 groups per transmitter (group people by demographic, seat location,
etc)
o	5 DMX channels per group (RGBW + Strobe)
o	Multiple transmitters increase the groups x 10

PixMob
•	$2 per person (motion activated only)
•	$6 per person (wireless control)
o	Wristbands
o	Pendants/lanyards
•	$35-$50 Illuminated balls (motion or wireless control)
* 	Pixmob programmer required for wireless control

Xylobands
•	$5-$8 per participant
o	Wristbands
o	Lanyards
o	Beach Balls
•	Xyloband Programmer required onsite

Wham City Lights
•	App for smartphones converts audience phones into lighting effect
•	No technician on site (but can be requested for a fee)
•	Costs range from $250-$1500 depending on options.
•	Effects are preprogrammed to click track or recorded music.
o	No live control
•	Uses ultrasonic control through house sound system.
o	16.5-21 kHz.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall