[SML] DMX IRIS

Wayne Rasmussen rasmuw at blair.edu
Sat Feb 20 04:26:34 UTC 2016

We have used the Apollo EZ Iris for the last two years after having rented
Rosco units.  The rental units were excellent, but since we use the irises
in conjunction with I-Cues in S4 units, I find the ease of using the same
power supply for both to be an advantage and a time-saver when circuiting.
City Theatrical units can also use a Forerunner power supply, but they
cost $50 more and the savings on 6 irises was helpful to our modest
budget.  We don't use the irises heavily, usually two weeks per year, so
we haven't had any maintenance issues.  I agree that they are somewhat
difficult to slide into a S4 accessory slot, but it usually only takes a
second try if the first isn't effective.  Our LD hasn't complained about
the speed of the iris for our theatrical application.

Wayne Rasmussen
Blair Academy