[SML] London

Judith Kupferman judithku at post.bgu.ac.il
Sun Jan 3 22:05:31 UTC 2016

For reasonable theater tickets it's worth going to Leicester Square
and standing on line a bit at the half price ticket booth (this is in
the square, and not the ticket offices on the street). There you get
generally very good seats at half price, whereas I once made the
mistake of going to the theatre box office, and got bad seats for that
same low price.

And she should definitely go to the National, not only because the
shows are good but it's a nice place to hang out beforehand.

I was surprised this summer to find an Oyster card is now the only
practical option, (since I always used to buy Travelcards). But it's
easy to use, and when she leaves London (if she's leaving from one of
the big airports) she can get back any money that's left in the card,
as well as the deposit.

Warning: there are almost no living people now to help with purchase
of an Oyster card, it's all automatic machines, but they are pretty
clear.

Good luck to her, hope she has fun!