[SML] Auto darkening helmets

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Mon Jan 11 00:52:23 UTC 2016

No, not a Dark Helment, just a welding helmet.  I have a "solar powered"
auto darkening one that's worked great for quite some time.  I hadn't
used it for a couple of months and today it started having a slight, but
noticeable, delay between striking an arc and the helmet darkening.

I know these solar powered ones still have batteries in them, could it
be they need recharging or is it time to get a new helmet?  Normally on
days when I'm welding I leave the helmet in the sun to stay charged but
we haven't had much sun lately.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886