[SML] LED Pars, pro/con of your fav units please

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 19:56:17 UTC 2016

On 1/15/16 7:40 AM, Scott C. Parker via Stagecraft wrote:
> Greetings all,
> I'm starting to shop for LED Pars, well, LED units that pretend to be
> PARs anyway. What are your favorite units and what are the good/bad, etc.

What will you be using them for, primarily?  Traditional PAR washes?
Uplighting?  Truss warming?  All of the above?  I have a different
answer for each.

What's your market?  Rock-n-roll?  Theatre?  Corporate?

Just finished hanging a set of 15 ETC Colorsource PARs.  They're a great
unit when compared to similarly priced LEDs.

Output's a bit low compared to incandescent, but that's true of most
LEDs.  Color reproduction seems good so far, ask me for an update after
I do a few shows with them.

Steve L

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall