[SML] LED Pars, pro/con of your fav units please

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Sat Jan 16 22:52:35 UTC 2016

> How do you set the look in the first place? Do you use subs to adjust the LED
> IRGBAWS parameters for all the LEDs?

I patch the DMX addresses to channels. Identical fixtures often get the same
starting address. The channel patching is the most tedious part.

I then adjust channel levels to get the desired basic colors, which are stored
into pile-on submasters.

Once the basic colors are set, I use those to build the various scene looks.

Keep in mind that I only do this for washes. The method does use up submasters
fairly quickly.

Bill