[SML] advice for LED Ellipsoidals?

NODEraser noderaser at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 15:32:41 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Bill Nelson via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> The EDLTs were designed to improve projected image sharpness and contrast. The
> increased light output is a bonus.

The common practice I see is for EDLT lens tubes to be specified for
use with sharply focused gobos, to include dichroic and/or mesh gobos.
Not sure it's a huge step above, but it seems to make the designers
happy. Seems like it wasn't that long ago when we were requesting
Source Fours for gobo use, over Colortran 5/50s or (shudder) Altman
360Qs--and that was definitely a noticeable difference.

--
[Greg Bennett]
-Independent Carpenter, Electrician & Lighting Designer