[SML] Black Comedy/no matches on stage...

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Tue Jan 26 17:11:27 UTC 2016

Howdy  y'all... looking for thoughts on solutions (technical or otherwise)
on the plethora of match-lighting in Black Comedy, on a stage with no
flames.  For those not familiar with the show, there's a lot of
match-lighting (and lighter-lighting, and flashlight-lighting) in the show,
which affects a light cue with each incident. Sometimes they walk around
with the lit matches, sometimes it's snuffed immediately.  But I'd really
like to have some semblance of illumination on a matchstick, if I can, even
if it's brief.  Any ideas?  (Can't do/don't want to do open flame.)

As for the lighter, I've got a knock-off Zippo somewhere, and I intend to
make a flickery LED thing out of that one.  Has anyone already done that,
and has pointers?  (Or want to sell me one??)

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com