[SML] Source for ChromaQ Scroller Gel Tabs

Robert Graham photonguide at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 18:02:30 UTC 2016

So apparently, AC Lighting no longer manufactures gel strings for Chroma Q Broadway scrollers (that’s what the sales rep said to me via email when I contacted them, so…).  We’re now using our extensive 25-years worth of my predecessor buying lots of extra gel inventory to manufacture our own scrollers.  Of course, there’s a hitch - the tiny metal tabs that appear at the end of the scrolls that help hold them to the spindle.

Does anyone know of a source for them? I need a dozen or so, but I’d buy a gross of them if they’re pennies (heck, probably even dimes!) apiece.  I don’t want to scavenge our extant scroll supply - I’m just trying to create a new set for a specific production.

Sure, I’d love LED color, but I can’t afford it.  Even to rent.

Sensible suggestions are appreciated.

TIA-

Rob G.