[SML] Lighting Inventories

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Tue Jul 12 16:59:06 UTC 2016

On 07/12/2016 05:11 AM, David Bowman via Stagecraft wrote:
> June, I totally agree with you, EXCEPT: I have the items that are
> “shared” by all the spaces listed on a separate page from the
> inventory that is dedicated to each space (“horse-trading” of house
> gear from one to another is at my discretion/convenience and the LD is
> not made aware of the other space’s inventories) and the page is
> clearly labeled as gear that is “as available – please ask.”  If I had
> a dime for every plot that came in with all the bells and whistles
> from the shared list without asking for availability – I wouldn’t be
> working here anymore ;-).  AND when you say “let me check on
> availability” the response is almost always “well, it’s really
> important to the show so if it’s not available, we need to rent it…”

We've had lots of customers run off trying to make products from
documents clearly labeled "PRELIMINARY - DO NOT USE FOR FABRICATION" and
we get questions from assembly houses who are obviously using
preliminary bills of materials.

You can not win this, it is ALWAYS your fault when they do this.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.  http://interstellar.com
tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886