[SML] Rocket effects

Paul Guncheon pguncheon at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 20:00:17 UTC 2016

<<Marriott Theater Lincolnshire did October Sky in the round>>

Who's designing there now? I used to work for Paper Moon Scenic
(Owner/designer Jeff Harris) back in the 80's. He was their designer for
the time I worked there. Fabulously talented designer... abysmal
businessman.

We once did a bid for a major museum exhibit on electricity. We spent a
couple of days coming up with and fleshing out ideas and costs for building
them. Two weeks after we submitted our concept/bid, we, along with every
other scene shop in town, received a detailed request for bid. The bid
consisted of 95% our ideas... most of them using our own language.

The boss's reaction? "Ideas are cheap", and never pursued compensation.

My reaction: "Bad ideas are cheap. our ideas are neither bad nor cheap.

We didn't get the job.

Good and bad times.

Laters,

Paul 1