[SML] L&E mini Strips Replacement

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Mon Jul 18 18:39:33 UTC 2016

If you are having lots of socket burnouts, these come generally from two places.  Putting in a used lamp that already has burned pins.  Such as changing to a different beam spread.
Second is not fully seating the lamp in the socket.    Gotta replace all the burned sockets and ruthlessly cull out any used lamps that have burned pins so they don't infect any good sockets all at the same time.   This is a fairly labor intensive process, so replacing them versus buying something like colorblasts is worth a good hard look.
Less common cause is replacing the sockets with one of the lookalikes that are intended for a different voltage lamp.  The sockets used in comet follow spots, for example, look nearly identical, but are different.  But they are close enough that one can force them to fit if you push hard enough.  This is not hard to do as the different manufacturers use different part numbers for the same sockets.

Dale