[SML] 4 channel LED dimming. NOT RGBW

Johnson, Philip Philip.Johnson at tamucc.edu
Mon Jul 18 20:16:58 UTC 2016

I think what you are looking for is an RGB fixture that can work in the mode you describe.   Looking at fixtures I use that have RGBW there is a setting for 5 channels with one being intensity.  Logically, if you look at an RGB fixture with different modes that would likely have a 4 channel mode with RGB control and intensity.  You need to be looking for an RGB fixture or perhaps as Dave says an RGBI type.

There are all kinds of workarounds if you want to get into creating a profile that does the thing you want with your new fixture but from your post I can see you are trying to make less work for yourself.

Price point?
Console ?
Location?

Philip  Johnson