[SML] Stage floor paint

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Jul 20 19:50:20 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 12:36 PM, Scott Stewart via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> At the risk of covering old ground:  what are folks using to paint a
> Duron/Masonite stage?  Having a very hard time finding something that will
> stick…

We're using PPG's Breakthrough in Satin.... looks amazing.  Check it
out.  The hype is pretty accurate - dries very fast* and can be walked
on/driven on in an hour.

*Our stage floor is brand-new - but crappy. Bad contractors used
inferior "tempered hardboard" (to replace the previous, which actually
looked better after 9 years than this installation looked fresh) - and
then they did a crappy priming job, followed by a coat or two of an
inferior black paint.... then came back 3 months later and did the
Breakthrough paint, as we were pissed at the results.  Anyway... I
didn't paint the stage floor myself - they did it, with a crew of
three..... I have yet to do the whole stage myself, so I'm worried
about Breakthrough drying too quickly for one person to paint the
whole thing....

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com