[SML] Self resetting gfci outlets.

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Wed Jul 20 21:52:10 UTC 2016

Hi all.
A tent festival has just let me know that my request for power distro spyder boxes has been approved.  Yay, don't have to rent every year anymore.   The ones they found have "automatic self resetting GFCI" on the outlets.  I've never used them before, and I'm wondering if anyone else on the list had experiences with them.      Automatic self resetting should reduce the number of calls on me for nuisance trips during the festival,  which is a fine thing.  But I'm a little concerned that they may reenergize a tripped circuit while I'm working on it.    Or some other issue I can't think of with them.
Of course, I have faith in our food and craft vendor's ability to overload and otherwise screw up the power, so nuisance calls from them will continue to be my major headache.  *grins*
Thanks
--Dale