[SML] Stage floor paint

Nancy Christian Nancy.Christian at vvc.edu
Thu Jul 21 17:25:16 UTC 2016

We used to use Muralo on our black box which has a hard board product but we don’t know what. Can’t find the same paint anymore so switched to Sherwin Williams A-100 Tri Corn Black in Satin this summer. It looks good, will see how it holds up after its first show in a couple weeks.

We used to use Rosco Tough Prime on our mainstage which is a T&G white pine. It started peeling badly this past year and have switched to Sherwin Williams A-100 Tri Corn Black in Satin. We had a floor company take all the paint off and even the floor off and re-seal last summer and it has been a disaster ever since then. The SW is at least sticking to the floor but for some reason is sticky itself. It “buffs” itself out after a few usages but we haven’t been able to find anything yet that doesn’t peel up with gaff and is sticky after applying.

We might try applying the Tough Prime on top of the Sherwin Williams to see what it does.

Nancy Christian
Technical Coordinator
Performing Arts Center
Victor Valley College