[SML] Self resetting gfci outlets.

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri Jul 22 05:36:08 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 10:12 PM, Dale Farmer via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Story time.  You can ignore the rest of this post if you want.

I didn't ignore (and I hope others didn't as well... good anecdote and
observation included in said story) - and it reminded me of an
experience I had <mumble-mumble> years ago.... I was the original LD
for an outdoor historic pageant in Oregon City (which is a lovely
city, but is mostly desperately clinging to its historic roots, to the
exemption of many modern amenities*) - but in that inaugural year, I
designed a lighting rig that was among what you'd consider to be
contemporary for mid-80's... towers, fixtures, blah-blah... with
sufficient power.

Until Opening Night... with all the dignitaries and press the historic
folk desired.... and the first night the food vendors fired up their
fryers, popcorn makers and coffee kiosks.... all of which were drawing
on the electrical service I requested for MY needs... not the campus
in general.  So we went without lights for the first half of the
historic show... and only on one leg (half the rig) for the second
half of the night.....

*I'm currently preparing to build a house in this historic city, and
so much fun dealing with/conforming to the historic constraints.  And
dealing with survey maps from 1865....

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com