[SML] LW 6 - dimmer rack help

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Sat Jul 30 02:30:57 UTC 2016

I've been using LW 3 and 4 for years, but only occasionally (once the house rig is up, it rarely changes....).  Recently I upgraded to LW6.

In a permanent house rig situation, I've always been confused by the dimmer rack settings within LW.

In LW6, Setup / Dimming and Control / Dimmers, can someone give me a demo on how to make it work for me?

I've got 3 house racks, 96 dimmers each.

Rack #1:  Entering 96 in Rack Size, and Start # 1, gives me an end number of 96 for that rack.
However, what do I do if I have a Non-dim module (2 dimmers) at address 53, 54?

Should I have multiple entries for Rack 1?
1-52 - dimmer
53, 54, - non-dim
55-96 - dimmer   ????

Is this box for noting the large rack details (96 dimmers, total capacity), or is it meant to be broken down to individual dimmer information (entering discrete data 260 times, once for each dimmer)?

Thanks very much for any guidance...

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director / Head Lighting Technician

Chan Centre for the Performing Arts
6265 Crescent Road
Vancouver, BC
V6T 1Z1