[SML] Up coming project

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri Jun 3 14:39:15 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 6:12 AM, Pat Kight via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> Looking at doing "Mr. Burns: A Post-Electric Play" early in the year,

That show is one that has been floated by me to produce next year as
well, and I must be missing something.... structurally, I feel it's
really weak, and although I know every line of dialog in the Simpsons
episodes referenced (and having performed multiple times in both
Gilbert & Sullivan shows referenced) - I'm not sure how well this show
works for a 'normal' audience.  (Insert upcoming "shrug" emoji here.)
I don't dislike the show, but I wish I had seen it a couple of years
ago when Portland Playhouse did it, so I could see what its appeal is
when it's on its legs.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com