[SML] Building Risers

Steven Hood shood_td at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 17:20:23 UTC 2016

My favorite way to build quiet decks is to deck the frame with 3/4" ply or
OSB, then glue down a sheet of 1/2" Homasote, then wrap the whole thing
down to the frame with heavy muslin. For glue, I use a mix of wheat paste
and water with Elmer's white glue in roughly equal proportions. The water
has to start hot to mix the wheat paste powder, then add the Elmers. YMMV.
There are other methods, too, including using carpet face down on the
plywood and wrapping with canvas.
Hth,
Steven R Hood
310.756.3555

On June 14, 2016 10:05:24 AM cpcroteau cpcroteau via Stagecraft