[SML] White LED lighting

Lou Poppler loupoppler at cableone.net
Mon Jun 27 01:33:36 UTC 2016

----- Richard Niederberg via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>> Dear Ray,> The 'WARMER' monochromatic arc-bulbs are Sodium; the 'COOLER' monochromatic arc-bulbs are Mercury. I used both kinds on the same job a while ago, McCandless-style, to light a > Theatre's Parking lot. The Audience didn't know what hit them, but enjoyed the result while walking to and from their cars. The motivating light was a 'neon' fringed marquee (warm) with > fluorescent tube-backed changeable letters (cool).> /s/ Richard
A true pro --- Bravo !  As such, you hopefully checked on, and protected against, the possible UV content in the Mercury bulbs' output.
The mercury vapor house lights I'm familiar with had to be used in bounce style fixtures which shot the light against white ceiling tiles,
while sealing off any direct light from going down.  These same bulbs were also pretty hard on gels.....