[SML] DMX/Programmable Winches/Hoists

C. Andrew Dunning landrudesign at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 03:12:28 UTC 2016

Bill (and, everyone else), your concerns make perfect sense.  Thanks for the wise perspective.

FWIW...

- We're lifting a 30'-diameter camouflage net - to be able to create "draped object" looks (or, tents) at stage level...to do reveals...and, do create an organic ceiling for our stage.  I doubt the whole piece of softgoods will weigh 50 lb.

- We are open to other control options.  Given the minimal weight and the desired level of control, dmx winches simply seemed to be the route that made most sense.

- If we end up pursuing a dmx option, I have zero interest in controlling the winch system from the lighting console - or, from a distance.  Dmx or not, control is to be dedicated and the operator will be at the stage when any moves are made.

Thanks, again.

Regards -

C. Andrew Dunning
Landru Design