[SML] roof question

Stephen Rees Stephen.Rees at fredonia.edu
Thu Mar 3 00:55:40 UTC 2016

I don't know a whole lot about commercial roofing, but having watched
several go on the main stage and auditorium areas at the university over
the years, I might suggest one comprised of 4-6" foam or mineral wool
sections that taper towards the roof drains followed by a glued down
elastomeric sheet material.  There is lots of research out there on line,
but I would get a good roofing consultant - the a potential installer - to
give you better ideas for the amount of funding you have. I would have
concerns about sound issues with only 2" of foam. Even with as much as 6"
in some areas of ours, you can definitely hear heavy rainfall.
Steve Rees

Stephen E. Rees
RAC Addition Project Shepherd
State University of New York at Fredonia
716.673.3208 Office
716.680.1565 Mobile