[SML] Assassins and obscure music

Paul Schreiner paulschreiner42 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 00:36:17 UTC 2016

Okay, I know it's been a while since I've posted with any regularity
here...going to try to rectify that as much as I can in the next few
weeks or so.

In the meantime...we're starting up rehearsals for Assassins now, and
there's a reference to a song called "Heartache Serenade" by the Blue
Ridge Boys in the script (supposedly playing on the radio in Dallas
before JFK was shot).  So far, research has turned up nothing other
than references to the script.  I found an NNDB reference to the Blue
Ridge Boys, led by Porter Wagoner, but no luck finding a reference to
any song by that name in his discography.

Has anyone here done the show and might know where I can find such a
recording?  TIA