[SML] Light Meters..

Ford Sellers fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
Mon Mar 7 19:57:47 UTC 2016

Be careful that whichever meter you choose is full spectrum.

Many of the light meters on the market now were developed prior to LEDs wide adoption.

They use tri-stimulus sensors that do not accurately report light from narrow band emitters like LEDs and Fluorescent sources.

I really like our UPRTEK MK350... and it can be found online<https://www.google.com/search?q=UPRtek+mk350n+plus&num=50&newwindow=1&safe=off&rlz=1T4PLXB_enUS607US607&biw=1415&bih=762&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiynJyJra_LAhXLKB4KHXDZCmAQ_AUIBygB> for a decent price... but certainly more than $1000.

The Mk350N Plus measures intensity, Color Temp, Color (charting on a CIE Chart, or showing full spectral analysis), and has a bunch of other bells and whistles (CRI, CQS, TLCI, S/P ratio, etc..)

If you're looking for video specifically, the TLCI functions are pretty cool.

HTH,

-Ford