[SML] (Previously) live trees as scenery

Ben Thoron SML bthoronsml at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:54:50 UTC 2016

We have done this several times without creating ancillary infestation s in
our concrete and steel buildings.  We've harvested whole trees, branches
and twigs, nothing beats the real thing.  One year we made a drop entirely
of twigs gathered in our nearby canyon.  After a few days, we noticed a
persistent thin line of dust across the stage.   We cleaned it up, next
day, more dust... Closer examination led to the conclusion that it was
termite droppings.  Neat...  In the quiet of the post rehearsal theatre,
you could hear the noise of the little creatures  eating away.

So that's our story.  No treatment, no worries.
Ben Thoron
The Old Globe