[SML] Arduino DMX Shield

Joe D jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 00:12:39 UTC 2016

Wed, 3/9/16, cpcroteau cpcroteau wrote:

>  I have an Arduino DMX Master Shield made by  Tinkerkit,
> and I'm trying to find Arduino script that will allow it to take
> in DMX and convert it to data for the Arduino, as
> opposed to putting out DMX generated BY the arduino

I had similar frustrations when I started on a project to drive a motor from an Arduino, based on DMX input.  The project has been tabled, and I didn't really get  much into it.  But, here is a good starting point.  It is on the official Arduino web site, so either you student's didn't look very hard, or they were wanting something more than what the links offered.

http://playground.arduino.cc/Learning/DMX

Please keep us updated on your project, as I may want to pick up on my own project sometime.  It was to make an interface to a stepper motor. and control it by DMX.

-Joe