[SML] Mock SM portfolio reviews...

Erin Joy Swank erinjoyswank at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 18:53:36 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Kristi R-C via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Neat and complete. Made to last - e.g. no post-it's for cues unless the
> cue's position hasn't been fixed.

I know I'm late to this conversation, but as a professional stage manager
(and friend of Kristi!) I have to say that I slightly disagree with this
statement, especially depending on what you call Post-Its. I'm actually a
BIG fan of Post-It stickers (the removable adhesive stickers, not the
flappy things) as you get up to 3 moves in placement before they "die" -
but otherwise are rather permanent. Now, I was never one to keep Post-Its
themselves in my script until I started calling from more scores. With the
lack of margins, the colors provide a great visual - I am currently keeping
them in my script for standbys. I also used the long skinny ones as an ASM
for operas, as you can write more on them. If I was to do it again, I might
need to look for longer post-it adhesive stickers (to write in the initials
of those in which wing, etc). As for the other cue stickers, I make my own
colors from white ones, by coloring with highlighters. I also travel with
my own Littlite, so I'm sure I'll be able to use the colors.

I also coordinate the Management portfolio reviews for USITT. Here are the
guidelines we created for the last few years:
https://sites.google.com/site/usitt2015portfolioreviews/home/management-portfolio-suggestions

Erin