[SML] Laser spikes

Scott C. Parker scparker at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 15:55:26 UTC 2016

Yes. Chris Fretts, I believe, shared his need to place a table in an exact
spot during a blackout. He mounted a laser pointer on a catwalk rail.
During the scene change, a tech pressed the laser button while another
placed the table. They had a small dot drawn on the top of the table as a
spike.

Hth, Scott

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 2:17 PM Bruce Cooper via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> > Hi friends, I am working on a system to use a laser to mark a spike on
> > stage. The laser is needed because the surface it projects on moves in
> > relation to the object it is marking. Anyone else tried something like
> > this? Suggestions or experiences? I'm looking at a laser from
> > Laserglow.com. It seems to fit my needs well enough.
>
> I've worked with projected light before, never a laser.
>
>   My advice is to make sure it is IMPOSSIBLE for the light source/laser to
> be shadowed or blocked. Use a crosshair in the middle of the object rather
> than something on or along the edge.
>
> :Bruce Cooper
> --
> Newly Itinerant Stagehand