[SML] TSA compliant" multitool

Pat Kight kightp at peak.org
Mon Mar 21 14:37:45 UTC 2016

illuminati500 via Stagecraft wrote:
> Theres not a hope in hell of that going through any of our airports. The default position  of TSA compliance is that it is in the discretion of the baggage searcher who will ALWAYS confiscate it for fear of being in trouble id he gets it wrong.. And X-rays can’t tell if it is compliant or not, so it will be pulled out. Hell they even take  away blunt tweezers and knitting needles. And safety bic razors.

I beg to differ on knitting needles. I've flown - and knitted - with
mine for years (steel, wooden, plastic) and except for a brief period
after  9/11 have not seen even a raised eyebrow from TSA screeners.

On the other hand, forgetting to empty my water bottle has had me sent
off to dump it in the nearest fountain a few times...

--
Pat Kight
kightp at peak.org