[SML] Now homeless due to fire.

Paul G. pguncheon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 19:30:23 UTC 2016

Oh... that piano, like my first marriage (the piano was my ex-wife's desire and therefore 'hers') is long gone. The ex was a lyric soprano an used the instrument for vocalizing. I think we had that piano for over ten years and it still smelled.

Take a piano apart? (to treat the raw wood parts). One kids, right?

While I was forced to take piano lessons when I was about 6-7 years of age, I never played piano much due to the fact that my teacher was pretty much crap, although I can still play the first few bars of "Moonlight Sonata". Fortunately, I no longer remember any of the ever popular "Ducks in the Pond". My piano "teacher" was the music teacher at my grade school. He is personably responsible for my not being able to sing around people for around 15 years. The guy really f*cked me up in 2nd grade music class by singling me out without my knowing it.

The sad story (short version) We were singing a "round" of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat"... the first two rows in the class sing the first verse, the second two rows I sing the second, and so on. I had put my fingers in my ears an d closed my eyes so I could concentrate on my part. The teacher spotted me and quietly silenced the whole class. I don't know how long I sang solo for my classmates in a whiny, trembling, horribly weak an off key voice, the the whole class erupted in prolonged laughter at me when I opened my eyes and stopped singing.

Bastard.

In the 60's I turned to guitar and was the singer/ rhythm guitar player in a few local bands... first a psychedelic, then a rock, and finally, my true love and calling: a blues band. I've started playing a bit lately and am chagrined at how much I have forgotten. However, as it has been said, and I paraphrase: "It'll all come back to me like a hot kiss at the end of a wet fist."

Laters,

Paul 1

Sent from my iPad