[SML] Sensor Dimmer Problem

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Wed Mar 30 13:26:11 UTC 2016

Troubleshooting process.  Try turning it on from the brain right there in the rack.
If you have one of those switch modules, swap that into the troublesome slot and manually turn it on from the module.
Basically figure out where the blockage is.  Wiring from rack to the light location.  Ensure you have a known working light plugged in there.  Verify it is actually plugged into the correct circuit.   Is there is a patch panel involved? Check that.
Dimmer module works in another slot?  Known good module doesn't work in trouble slot, and then continues to work okay back in another slot.
No other slots or dimmers having issues? Other slots on same phase in the rack working okay?  Shine a light in and see if there are any bent contacts where the dimmer module slides into the rack.  (Don't stick tools or irreplaceable body parts in there. )Manually command dimmer on from brain in rack.
Is there an inhibit level set for that dimmer channel set in the control board?   Is there an inhibit set for that channel from house light control system?  Fire alarm interlocks?
Dale