[SML] Sensor Dimmer Problem

Alf Sauve' alf at sauve.org
Wed Mar 30 17:00:43 UTC 2016

Is it just one circuit of the two dimmers or is it both circuits? If one
then possibly a wiring problem.  If both then a control issue is possible.

A couple of other things to check.

On the front of each Sensor modules are two green lights indicating
whether there is any signal or not.  These lights are NOT lit if the
dimmer is set to zero.    Set the dimmer to 100% from the control panel
and check the little lights.  If they're not lighting you have a rack
issue.   If they're lit then go to the light fixture and measure hot to
neutral, hot to the plug ground, and hot to an independent ground.  This
will give you an indication if the neutral is a problem.

Neutrals are wired independently of the dimmer modules.  They are in
the  back half of the cabinet.   And it could be a source of trouble if
the one for this circuit wasn't tightened properly.

WARNING, don't stick your hand, or any tools or flashlight into the rack
UNTIL you power it off.   There are some might large bus bars just
behind the dimmers.

I wouldn't pull out a more than one tray to check anything without
pulling the breakers to the cabinet.  It's too tempting to think, oh, I
can just reach in there and give that a tweak.