[SML] vinyl spike tape

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Tue May 10 17:47:24 UTC 2016

For years we have been using cheapo vinyl spike tape for rehearsals and for spikes on our Stage Set X counterweight operating lines.  Seems theatre supply houses now only sell cloth spike tape (mostly from Pro).   The cloth spike tape sticks much better which is exactly the problem.  After a 4-6 week rehearsal period it's hard to get up etc.....pulls the paint  or first layer up on the  "masonite"  floor cover  etc.   Not too good  for one week tech and two week runs as  line set spikes either.

Anyone know why they all dropped vinyl?    I know I can still buy 3M or others from non theatrical sources.....just wondering?

Sometimes not working as well is just what you need....

DickA
TD, Cornell U