[SML] ETC Safety cable loop

June Abernathy JEA00321 at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 04:14:06 UTC 2016

>> On May 18, 2016, at 6:43 AM, Scott C. Parker via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>> How many use the Safety Cable loop thing built in to the ETC bodies for safety cables?

We don’t very often. It limits travel for focus, and can get in the way of focus and cabling. It can make it aggravating to replace a cap after a lamp change, particularly if the snap hook of the safety is in the cast hole. Both yoke bolts failing would be an extremely rare occurrence, although obviously you have seen it. We build our safety cables around the yoke. They stay put, but CAN be slipped off by removing the yoke.

June Abernathy
IATSE #321 (Tampa, FL)
FOH Electrician
The Lion King National Tour