[SML] ETC Safety cable loop

Ford Sellers fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
Fri May 20 14:15:26 UTC 2016

LIKE

-----Original Message-----
From: June Abernathy via Stagecraft
Subject: Re: [SML] ETC Safety cable loop

On a Source 4, the holes on the yoke actually fit over a protrusion on the body, and the bolt and washer go on top of that. So stripping out or even losing the bolt - even on both sides - would not automatically make it fall from the sky. To remove the fixture from the yoke takes some twisting or prying. It's not impossible, but it's not easy, either.

I'm comfortable with just safetying the yoke. OTOH, the lights in my rig are well maintained, touched on a regular basis, and in the hands of professionals. If people in other situations are more comfortable with a safety to the body of the lamp, that's great. I don't think either method can really be classified as universally right or wrong.

June Abernathy

IATSE #321 (Tampa, FL)

FOH Electrician

The Lion King National Tour