[SML] NYC Stagehand shot by police

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Fri May 20 22:16:12 UTC 2016

On 05/20/2016 01:32 PM, Chip Wood via Stagecraft wrote:

> However, I will ask one question and one only.  Why does the NRA state that
> it would be better if everybody were carrying in any location, esp if
> pressure and massive adrenaline dumps could endanger innocent bystanders?

This sounds a bit to me like bait. At risk of it being a serious
question, the NRA's position also takes into account that in order to
legally carry, people are also *properly trained* and cognizant of the
proper use of deadly force. Statistically, crime figures tend to bear
out their position, as Jerry has already pointed out.

I don't believe it's enough just to be armed; people should be armed
AND TRAINED for their own defense.

--
Dave Vick
Flyman/Rigger, "Annie" On Tour 2015-16