[SML] hampers

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Tue May 24 18:30:21 UTC 2016

Unless buying them is really expensive, I'd look at buying them.  You need to ship them out for the steel work.  You'll need a heavier than usual sewing machine for the canvas.  You're spending your time making them when you could be doing something else worth your salary.  And it will take you longer than whoever you buy them from (first time vs well worn shop expert).

What's your cost of materials?
What is your estimate for time?
What is your cost per hour (now double it, since you could be doing something else)?
Cost of sewing machine, numerous needles, pierced digits?

What is the purchase price compared to that number?

We've got large plastic bins on wheels for our (limited) soft goods.  Built ply lids so they stack.  All good.

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director / Head Lighting Technician

604-822-2372
Andrew.riter at ubc.ca<mailto:Andrew.riter at ubc.ca>