[SML] powder pigment

garry.brown at louisville.edu garry.brown at louisville.edu
Tue May 24 19:16:18 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues,
  I'm hoping someone here will be able to provide some help. We are finally moving to eliminate the remnants of powder pigment from the paint room, two years after the retirement of our faculty designer who still liked to use them occasionally. Starting some 35 years ago, most of it was purchased from the long-defunct Gothic Paint Company. The campus Environmental Safety folks are looking into the clean-up and disposal but the problem is, of course, that there are no MSDS on these pigments to inform them of possible hazardous substances.
  I've done some searching on-line already but matching up the old Gothic names with other manufacturers is hit-or-miss. I have a vague recollection that Gothic may have been bought out by someone but I just can't remember. Does anyone have a source for this kind of information?
  Many thanks in advance.

Garry Brown
Production Manager
Director of Undergraduate Studies